[ipxe-devel] PXE testing

Wissam Shoukair wissams at mellanox.com
Tue Jun 10 07:40:57 UTC 2014

Hi All,
Does anyone knows if there is a test suite for the PXE booting process? (similar to IXIA testing)
I mean a complete testing environment, which includes DHCP server, ProxyDHCP server, TFTP server and all other services which the booting process use, and in the end of each test the test suite generates a report according to the client's behavior (responses)

If No, is there any kind of automatic test suite for iPXE?

Last but not least, does anyone knows about a tool which generates packets according to what it received? For example, If I need to reproduce an issue with DHCP process, and a PXE client sends DHCP Discover, this tool should listen on port 67, handle the received DHCP Discover and generate a DHCP reply according to the info in the received DHCP Discover?

Thanks,
Wissam