[ipxe-devel] Multiple iSCSI session support

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Wed Jul 16 08:20:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement multiple iSCSI session support for iSCSI, so
that I can have an iBFT table with two sessions filled in.
Nice try; sadly the ACPI table gets zeroed out for every call to
'sanhook' / int13_describe().

Removing the call to 'memset' retains the old ACPI tables and
everything works as designed.

Can't we have it removed in general?
I would have thought that any function re-writing the ACPI tables
would fill in _all_ bits, so the (per-interface) functionality
should be unimpacted.

With the difference that we can now have several calls to
sanhook, and every of them will register itself correctly.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Hannes
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688