[ipxe-devel] Relative interest in snponly.efi?

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:16:50 UTC 2014

Since I'm rebasing to recent iPXE, thought I'd take the opportunity to ask
if there is general disinterest in snponly.efi?  Notably I see that I must
continue to apply my dance to check loaded image for SNP when
last_opened_snpdev finds nothing in efi_image.c and also have to revert
"Disable SNP devices when running iPXE as the application"

I will confess to not fully understanding what
f473b9c3f66a2166129e1f60774f56e673423c5a buys, but I'm presuming it is
trying to suspend a 'factory' SNP implementation to avoid conflicting with
iPXE when iPXE has a driver built in?  I really didn't read much more than
the commit message since firmware development is still a bit too magical
for my brain...