[ipxe-devel] serial arrow keys broken

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Apr 22 17:41:22 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 18:07, Ben Hildred wrote:
> yep, the machine I have been testing on does not have bios serial
> support, and when serial console is compiled in you can watch the cursor
> flicker over every character on the screen when changing menus, on both
> the serial port and vga. by the way the background is blue. This does
> not seem to affect the shell, just the menus.

Over every character including the empty spaces, or just every non-space
character?

If it's just the non-space characters then that's expected: the output
will limit itself to your serial port baud rate and you would need to
use a faster baud rate to minimise the visible effects.

If it's every character including the spaces, then please try the following:

   set esc:hex 1b
   echo ${esc:string}[2J
   show version