[ipxe-devel] Proposed patch: support for SSL subjectAlternativeName certificates, two other useful features

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Apr 1 11:16:52 UTC 2014

On 31/03/14 22:08, Jarrod Johnson wrote:
> What about iPAddress fields (see my patch earlier in thread)?

It could be added.  It would need to support IPv6 as well as IPv4, and
do so without unconditionally dragging in IPv6 support.  Since IPv6
(and, to a lesser extent, IPv4) can have non-canonical textual
representations of their addresses, I think the comparison should be
based on converting the name to an IP address and comparing the raw
binary value, rather than converting the IP address to a string and
comparing the string.