[ipxe-devel] EFI entropy commit

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:24:15 UTC 2013

FWIW this is on IBM hardware, and it has gone 5 times in a row managing to
print '2984' as the last sample out the serial port before rebooting.  I
reduced to 2048 and it said tests passed at the end, though then it seems
to pause and just say '2056 tests passed'  and then the iPXE banner with
features listed.  Was there an expectation of a summary or just the samples?

vmware guest in efi mode gets much much further but also seems to reboot
suddenly (wasn't logging console output).  If I restrict sample count there
it behaves the same as baremetal.

I found that if I disabled the serial console redirection, the system gets
further.  I'm wondering if the serial output was lagging and it is crashing
at the next block generation....