[ipxe-devel] EFI entropy commit

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Fri Nov 1 17:54:37 UTC 2013

On 01/11/13 17:49, Jarrod Johnson wrote:
> So my console logging catches 2984 samples and the system then reboots
> abruptly.  I can send a file with 2984 samples explicitly enumerated,
> but not sure if there was more to it that I was missing.  It suddenly
> reboots the system without further output after 2984 samples (wel, I
> guess 0-2984).

Interesting.  The code in entropy_sample.c should generate 65536 samples
in blocks of 256 samples.  Rebooting after 2984 samples (i.e. not on a
256-sample boundary) suggests that it reboots in the middle of the
trivial printf() loop:

	/* Print out sample values */
	for ( j = 0 ; j < SAMPLE_BLOCKSIZE ; j++ ) {
		printf ( "SAMPLE %d %d\n", ( i * SAMPLE_BLOCKSIZE + j ),
			 samples[j] );
	}

I can't see any reason why this should cause a reboot.  This sounds like
a bug somewhere.