[ipxe-devel] Windows 8 ISCSI Boot

Marc Hammer marchammer at arcor.de
Thu May 30 14:02:19 UTC 2013

Hello,

I try to boot Windows 8 (x86) over ISCSI on a system with a Realtek RTL
8111C onboard nic.
The first setup step with loading the boot.wim with wimboot works fine.
The Realtek nic is installed in the PE and the Windows setup write the
os image to the iscsi target.
After the first reboot, the Windows boot hangs and displays the
"INACCESABLE_BOOT_DEVICE" error after some time.

Is there anything I can try to debug or resolve the
"INACCESABLE_BOOT_DEVICE" boot error?

Other combinations I successfully tested:
- Use a "Intel Pro/1000 PT QP" Nic instead of the onboard Realtek for
the Windows 8 boot.
- Use Windows 7 with the onboard Realtek nic.

Regards,

Marc Hammer