[ipxe-devel] Image Load is gone?

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 21:02:27 UTC 2013

On Monday 25 Mar 2013 18:02:19 Duane Voth wrote:
> A change a few months ago seems to have eliminated image_load()  But there
> are at least two types of images: apps and drivers.  "imgexec <driver>"
> fails with "Could not boot: No such device (2c04803b).  Is there a new way
> to load drivers that I'm missing?

That error seems to suggest that iPXE is unable to create an SNP device
corresponding to the network device.

Since commit fc87adb ("[efi] Expose downloaded images via
EFI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL"), iPXE needs to be able to identify the SNP
device corresponding to the most recently opened network device.  This is
required since we have to provide some kind of device path for accessing the
downloaded images.

I don't know why iPXE would not be able to create an SNP device.  You could
try building with DEBUG=efi_snp.