[ipxe-devel] DHCP failing on Intel 82579V Gigabit [8086:1503] after PXE boot]

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:23:34 UTC 2013

Hello Michael,

On Mar 5, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Michael Brown <mbrown at fensystems.co.uk> wrote:
<snippity>
> In the longer term, I think the optimal solution would be to fix up ipxe.kpxe (which isn't currently a sensible build target) so that it can use a native driver if present, falling back to the UNDI driver if necessary.  This would allow native iPXE drivers to be used instead of the UNDI driver where possible, which should obviate the need for this hack.

I know we've visited this subject probably a dozen times on the list
in the past couple of years, but I was under the impression that there
is a build target that will allow for UNDI fallback, something like
ipxe--undi.kpxe.

It's a little ironic that I've run out of machines to test this
though... You've simply added native drivers for all the unsupported
NICs I've had :)

-Andrew