[ipxe-devel] Booting from local disk on HP ProLiant machines

Christoph Schug chris+ipxe-devel at schug.net
Mon Jan 7 11:24:23 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-07 12:11, Matthew Helton wrote:
> What is your boot order in the Proliant?

Standard Boot Order (IPL) configuration is ...

| IPL1: PCI Slot 1 HP NC360T PCIe DP Gigabit Server Adapter
| IPL2: Hard Drive C: (See Boot Controller Order)
| [...]

The NC360T is an addon-card and has an Intel 82571EB chipset. The
onboard Broadcom NICs are not in use. The local disks are attached to an
HP Smart Array E200i RAID controller, which is the only mass storage
controller listed in the Boot Controller Order. If I switch boot order
or deconfigure the host from DHCP, it boots from local disk just fine.

Christoph