[ipxe-devel] [Realtek]: Possible bug - cannot load ipxe when intel-sata controller is set to RAID

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 01:03:47 UTC 2013

On Monday 15 Apr 2013 22:44:43 Joshua C. wrote:
> Your patch fixed my problem. I tested this several times with files as big
> as 25MB (f18 kernel and initrd) and those worked fine. The system booted
> without any problems. Here is my configuration patch (I know it has
> redundancies but currently I don't have much time to fix it, and it still
> works!).

Glad the patch works for you.  Unfortunately it can't be applied as a general
solution.  If PMM allocation fails (which is not uncommon), then iPXE has no
way to shrink itself, so we have to be pessimistic in reporting our runtime
size.

> I cannot see the pci bios version?!? Maybe this is because it have
> a custom ipxe string?

Most likely because you have BANNER_TIMEOUT set to zero; the ROM banner
probably disappears before you have a chance to see it.