[ipxe-devel] [Realtek]: Possible bug - cannot load ipxe when intel-sata controller is set to RAID

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 12:10:03 UTC 2013

Did they try to reproduce with the exact same flash procedure as you?  Do
you have any other adapters in the system that they may not have had?

The thing I think most likely is that you ran out of option rom space.  In
x86 BIOS, it is a very limited area, and quite possibly switching the intel
to raid bloated its footprint enough to leave insufficient space for your
.rom.

Have you tried make  bin/10ec8168.mrom or does that not work with the
device in question?  That would be my next step.  If there are more
non-boot adapters that have option roms, I'd try disabling their option rom
support in BIOS (at least IBM BIOS allows suppresion of slot option roms,
I'm guessing most everyone does_.