[ipxe-devel] Handling errors in scripts

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 06:52:22 UTC 2012

Good day, Ty.

Unfortunately, I can't quite understand your scenario.  If you are booting
undionly.kpxe as you just said, but it does not include the script as an
embedded file, then how is it executing the script at all?

Without an embedded script, undionly.kpxe will attempt a PXE boot, which
includes performing a DHCP transaction.  If that fails, there is no script
involved, as it hasn't been fetched yet, as it can't be fetched without an
IP, yet.

If it succeeds and you are then able to execute the script, why would you
re-do DHCP?

Are you trying to perform the script in post #1 or #7 in the forum thread?

- Shao Miller