[ipxe-devel] The undionly.kkpxe

kasatkinnv at gmail.com kasatkinnv at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:19:40 UTC 2012

Hello, ipxe developers and users!

We successfully use iPXE in network booting and in our computer
cloning solution. We compile iPXE from source and use chainloading to
undionly.kpxe and to undionly.kkpxe for some older hardware.
Proportion of our computers that can boot only with undionly.kkpxe
equals 10%.
We'd like to switch to packaged version of iPXE since we use Debian.
But the packaged version provide undionly.kpxe only (no
undionly.kkpxe).

So the question is: how often is undionly.kkpxe used? Is it a good
idea to ask maintainer to package undionly.kkpxe also?

--
Nikolay Kasatkin
http://rain.ifmo.ru/~kasatkin