[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] Add kontron pch_gbe network driver

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu May 3 09:54:15 UTC 2012

On Thursday 03 May 2012 10:10:32 jean-jacques pitrolle wrote:
> This patch brings up netwoking for PCH TopCliff EG20/EG20T.
>
> As you can see, I am not the author of this feature but Kontron is agree to
> publish it upstream.

gPXE is a dead project and has not been actively maintained for almost two
years.  All development now takes place on iPXE instead (http://ipxe.org).

iPXE now includes a generic driver for Intel Gigabit network adapters (e1000,
e1000e and igb).  Could you try simply adding the PCI IDs for your device to
drivers/net/intel.c:

      PCI_ROM ( 0x8086, 0x8802, "pch_gbe", "PCH EG20T", 0 ),

and see if the existing Intel driver will work?

Thanks,