[ipxe-devel] IPXE script resets system

Dwayne McGarty mcgartyd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 19:35:10 UTC 2012

I was attempting to use an ipxe script to set up a valn (2500 on net0 and
initiate a dhcp on the interface (net0-2500).  Following is the script:

#!ipxe

vcreate --tag 2500 net0
dhcp net0-2500

chain http://192.168.1.1/mboot.c32 -c http://192.168.1.1/boot.cfg

The system behaves as though the reset button is pushed a split second
after the script should begin executing.  If I type the Ctrl-B sequence on
the boot however, I can get the IPXE prompt and type in the commands
manually and everything works.  Is this a known bug?

I found a work-around by configuring out some of the features we don't use
yet (mostly boot from san) and recompiling the undionly.kpxe binary.
 Script started working.

Thanks.