[ipxe-devel] Load via EFI on Macs

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:54:46 UTC 2012

On Friday 17 Feb 2012 06:59:07 Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012, 22:22:13 schrieb Michael Brown:
> > The debug values are bitmasks (as described at
> > http://ipxe.org/download#debug_builds) - try DEBUG=efi_driver:3,efi_pci:3
>
> Now I have the "EFIDRV PCI installed" and "EFIPCI driver installed"
> messages back, but nothing more. :7 produces some additional lines though:
>
> EFIPCI DRIVER_SUPPORTED 0xbedf7990 (0x0)
> EFIPCI device 0xbedf7990 is not a PCI device
> EFIPCI DRIVER_SUPPORTED 0xbede6590 (0xbed08c10)
> EFIPCI device 0xbede6590 is not a PCI device
> EFIPCI DRIVER_SUPPORTED 0xbee11c10 (0x0)
> EFIPCI device 0xbee11c10 is not a PCI device
>
> I copied this from the screen output by hand. I did double-check the pci
> IDs, but still, no guarantees. I think EFIPCI is right that those aren't
> PCI devices though - I have no such devices in the lspci output on that
> machine. In case it might be helpful I'm attaching the lspci and lspci -n
> outputs.

(Those are pointers in the debug messages rather than PCI IDs.)

I wonder if the problem is that you already have an EFI driver attached to the
PCI device, so EFI never offers it to iPXE for consideration.  (This wouldn't
be a problem under the old PCI enumeration model, which would happily start
resetting and reprogramming devices that EFI had already attached to.)

Could you try the "devices", "devtree" and "drivers" commands from the EFI
shell (not the iPXE shell)?