[ipxe-devel] Is it possible to alter the tcp window size in ipxe for an http download?

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 17:14:03 UTC 2012

On Friday 03 Aug 2012 17:55:28 Hoey, Matthew wrote:
> We use three different images for chain loading depending on the hardware.
> We use undionly.kpxe, undionly.kkpxe, and r8169.kpxe. I successfully built
> the first two but I'm getting an "undefined symbol" error when attempting
> to build r8169. The actual card says it is an rtl8167. I'm curious what is
> the correct kpxe file to build and more importantly, how would I know that
> without bothering you guys the next time? I noticed there are several
> possible builds I can do (rtl8139, rtl8180, rtl8185); do any of these
> supersede r8169?

realtek.pxe (which handles 8139 as well as 8169-based cards) is what you want.
(rtl8169.pxe will also work as a built target, and will give you the exact
same binary.)

As a side point: only use ".kpxe" with the "undionly" driver; for loading the
native iPXE driver you want realtek.pxe rather than realtek.kpxe.