[ipxe-devel] vesamenu.c32 freezes

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:22:14 UTC 2011

Hello Michael,

You're right in some respects, and I've experienced this problem
myself, but ended up just working around it rather than actually
trying to resolve the issue.... it just took less time :P

Anyway, at some point, I think it all runs out of memory or something.
 Perhaps it's just a COM32 thing, but chaining modules one after the
other, even the same one as is your case here, keeps all of the
off to the next, rather than exiting and instructing iPXE (or any
other COM32-capable bootloader) on what to load next...  Come to think
of it, /that/ might be possible with iPXE's scripting engine.  GET a
URI that determines the client's current state, and hand back what it
needs over and over again, ensuring you always exit the menu module
after talking to the webserver.  Or something like that.

If anyone has a solution to the menu-chaining thing, I'm just as
interested as you are :)

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky