[ipxe-devel] Windows XP just reboots all time in the logo screen

Tal Aloni tal.aloni.il at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:16:35 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel,
>From the log it seems that indeed sanbootconf is not initialized, (I'm not sure if it's loaded or not because you didn't turn on "View > Verbose output" in WinDbg to show additional information)
maybe you've installed sanbootconf improperly somehow, or perhaps you have some kind of agressive anti-virus program that block the file-copying or registry changes.
make sure you have sanbootconf.sys under Windows\System32\Drivers, and that you have a registry key called "sanbootconf" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

- You can also manually install sanbootconf using Control Panel > Add Hardware, and then selecting "I have already connected the hardware" > "Add a new hardware device" > "Install the hardware that I manually select" > "System Devices" and then point to the directory where sanbootconf.inf is located. (this will only install sanbootconf without applying some critical configuration)

Regards,
Tal Aloni