[ipxe-devel] loading image at certain address

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 15:05:03 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 09 Nov 2011 12:48:49 Nulik Nol wrote:
> I can't find how to boot an a.out image at a certain memory location,
> say 0x0000000000400000 , could you point me to the correct docs?

There's no support for a.out images in iPXE (or gPXE).  You could certainly
define a new image format, but it might make more sense to convert your image
into something that bootloaders generally know how to handle, such as a
multiboot image or a bzImage.  That will avoid tying you in to a possibly-
custom version of iPXE.