[ipxe-devel] ipxelinux.0

zwerschke.bkft at gmx.de zwerschke.bkft at gmx.de
Fri Mar 4 07:23:22 UTC 2011

Hi, Dylan's PCs

On Thu Mar 3 06:30:29 GMT 2011, Dylan's PCs wrote:
|On 03/03/2011 12:59 AM, Martin Zwerschke wrote:
|> 1)  on Windows-desktop-versions there  seems to be no good (free)
|> DHCP-Server, that offers DHCP-user classes
|> 2) DHC-user-classes are a bit complicated to configure

|I have to call Bull here.
|http://www.hanewin.net/

Hanewin DHCP-Server is not free. It is shareware, after 30 days you have to pay for it.

|Even has instructions (written for gPXE, but meh)
|http://www.hanewin.net/remote-boot.htm

The instructions do not cover gPXE or iPXE - only etherboot.
Instructions do not cover how to configure userclass to break the infinite boot chain resulting from chainloading iPXE /gPXE

The advantage of ipxelinux.0 iş, that it already contains pxelinux.0 and this way can directly continue to boot the kernel. It can be used in mixed environments, where gPXE-clients and pure-PXE-clients live side by side.
No DHCP-userclass-dependant decision to either load gPXE/iPXE (for pure-PXE-clients) or pxelinux.0 (for gPXE/iPXE /clients) have to be done this way.

I hopę that ipxelinux.0 gets soon included in the syslinux package .

cheerş Martin

--
Schon gehört? GMX hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/toolbar