[ipxe-devel] Connection reset (0f0a6039)

Lee Bradshaw lee at witsend.id.au
Fri Jan 28 21:11:14 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

I was thinking firewall, too, but the firewall is disabled on the server on
which the VM's are running. There is a firewall active on .244 (my PC), but
that shouldn't be involved; the only other firewall is the one on the
gateway.

I've done a trace for 10.10.10.243 & 245 and the results look a bit odd but
maybe you can explain.

On my network:

.1 Router, gateway
.2 Server (Win 2008, running the VM machines)
.3 Domain controller, DHCP server, TFTP server (Win 2003)
.243 VM running iPXE
.244 My PC (Win 7, RDP from here to .2)
.245 VM running FreeNas

Trace seems to show .243 trying to talk to .244 but maybe I'm not reading it
right. I tried a trace filtered for .245 and saw only two packets,
broadcasts asking 'Who has .245', with no response.

Thanks,
Lee.