[ipxe-devel] iPXE with Virtualbox

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 18:16:24 UTC 2011

Hello Pete,

Good info there.  I'm running an AMD system, and disabling AMD-V
similarly worked to allow the lkrn to boot.

Out of curiosity, I tried something kinda funny.  I went into
src/i386/transitions/libflat.S and put some comments around line 423,
"call flatten_real_mode".  That appears to be the function where the
GDT is shuffled around into and then back out of PM.  Compiled it,
and, with AMD-V off, it still boots, pulls DHCP, and so on.  Broke to
the command line, initrd'ed a 136MB ISO, and then chained it with
GRUB4DOS as a mem mapped disk.  Booted just fine. :P

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky