[ipxe-devel] Need help with SAN boot Windows XP.

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 18:59:49 UTC 2011

On Monday 28 Feb 2011 18:10:42 jerrycheng-hinet wrote:
> I recently move from gPXE to iPXE. I used to chainload gPXE and sanboot
>  windows xp sucessfully.
>
> When I try to do the same thing with iPXE, it failed to find the root path
>  of sanboot (screen showed "No filename or root path specified/ No more
>  network devices").
>
> The chainload secttion of my "dhcp.conf" looks like:
>
> if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE" {
>   filename "";
>   option root-path "iscsi:192.168.1.4::::iqn.2011-02.remoteboot:iscsiboot";
> } else {
>   filename "undionly.kpxe";
> }

That looks correct to me.

Sorry that the error message isn't very helpful.  I've pushed a change to
improve this error message: if you use the latest iPXE then you should find
that it now displays

  Nothing to boot: No such file or directory (http://ipxe.org/2d03e13b)

and you can find some troubleshooting hints on that web page
(http://ipxe.org/2d03e13b).