[ipxe-devel] Need help with SAN boot Windows XP.

jerrycheng-hinet jaspers.cheng at msa.hinet.net
Mon Feb 28 18:10:42 UTC 2011

Hi, there,

I recently move from gPXE to iPXE. I used to chainload gPXE and sanboot windows xp sucessfully.

When I try to do the same thing with iPXE, it failed to find the root path of sanboot (screen showed "No filename or root path specified/ No more network devices").

The chainload secttion of my "dhcp.conf" looks like:

if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE" {
  filename "";
  option root-path "iscsi:192.168.1.4::::iqn.2011-02.remoteboot:iscsiboot";
} else {
  filename "undionly.kpxe";
}

My "ietd.conf" looks like:

Target iqn.2011-02.remoteboot:iscsiboot
Lun 0 Path=/home/tftpboot/xp.img,Type=fileio

Is there anything wrong with my configuration file? What should I take care when moving from gPXE to iPXE? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Regards,
Jerry