[ipxe-devel] [Etherboot-discuss] need gpxe support for Intel nic 82566DM-2

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 22:43:54 UTC 2011

On Thursday 17 Feb 2011 21:09:07 erin.coffey at tektronix.com wrote:
> I tried the ipxe iso and I'm getting the same results as with gpxe.
>
> If I run "autoboot" I see the Windows Welcome screen but, it times out and
>  reboots to ipxe.
>
> If I run the sanboot command, it says that it can't initiate iscsi.

Interesting.  Are you sure you're typing same root-path in the sanboot command
as is handed out by DHCP?  What happens if you try:

  dhcp net0
  echo ${root-path}
  sanboot ${root-path}

When you get as far as the Windows Welcome screen, you can usefully get
further debugging information by installing sanbootconf within the Windows
image.  You can get sanbootconf from

  https://git.ipxe.org/release/sanbootconf/sanbootconf-latest.zip

There are some slightly outdated instructions that I wrote a while ago at

  http://etherboot.org/wiki/sanboot/winnt_iscsi_debug

I haven't updated these and migrated them to the iPXE wiki yet, but you may
still find them helpful.