[ipxe-devel] Curious routing problem with iPXE

Lee Bradshaw lee at witsend.id.au
Thu Feb 10 19:59:49 UTC 2011

I found late last night that my workaround didn't always work around the
problem; Windows doesn't always take the static route as its first
preference.

But there's always another way to flay a feline, and I enabled routing on
the server and configured DHCP to hand out the server's address as the
gateway for iPXE requests from the client. My unnecessary hop is now through
an 8 core server with two teamed 1Gb NIC's when browsing the internet,
rather than through a cheap ADSL modem on a 100Mb segment when accessing my
disks. You certainly notice the difference.

The iBFT approach sounds interesting. Anything that will make it 'just work'
will always get my vote.

Lee.