[ipxe-devel] Difference between chainloading and booting from disk

Thiago Arruda Padilha thiago.arruda at fastsolucoes.com.br
Tue Feb 8 17:53:19 UTC 2011

Now I tried something different:

I configured the the TFTP server to always serve the undionly.kpxe image
and booted the computer using the iPXE cd,  and somehow it entered on an
infinite loop. It appears that if I chainload iPXE from iPXE everything
works normaly, but not if I load the legacy PXE first. Probably the build 83
of PXE leaves the network card in a state that makes it undetectable by
iPXE.