[ipxe-devel] (no subject)

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Aug 26 14:55:54 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-26 09:12, rich wrote:
> I tried twice to add myself too and it wasn't activated, I think I chose
> a username of 'richud'

I can't seem to find that username anymore, so you'll have to try again.

Michael: I have not received any kind of request-to-moderate-activation
emails or anything like that. Was that what you had in mind?
To ask in another way: What kind of workflow did you have in mind for
new users wanting to register and for forum moderators/administrators to
minimize the amount of spam getting through?

My personal favorite would be to allow people to auto-activate, but that
there would be a forced moderation of any new user's first post. They
would not be able to post any more until that post was moderated.

Not sure if MyBB does that, but that seems like a fairly foolproof way
to weed out the spammers.

-- Robin