[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] SANBOOT failed Input/Output Error

Johnny Stenback jst at jstenback.com
Mon Oct 25 16:59:59 UTC 2010

On 10/25/2010 02:19 AM, Michael Brown wrote:
> On Monday 25 Oct 2010 08:54:58 Johnny Stenback wrote:
>> Sorry, I'm new to this list and thus not able to reply to the existing
>> thread about this issue. I just ran into this issue as well, where I can
>> confirm the gpxe attempts to connect to the iscsi target (as in, if I
>> make the name incorrect it knows the target doesn't exist), but fails to
>> do so with the error "Could not initialize iSCSI device: Input/output
>> error (0x1d704039)".
>>
>> I'm using a Fedora 12 system as my iscsi server, running tgt-admin (from
>> scsi-target-utils-1.0.1-2.fc12.x86_64) to set up my target (happens to
>> be a file, not a real disk).
>>
>> I've seen this on a few different hardware setups, including a
>> VirtualBox vm.
>>
>> Any updates on this issue? Any more information I can provide that could
>> be of use?
>
> Please try the latest version of iPXE (http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git).  This
> error message has been replaced with a message that should give slightly more
> information and may help to pinpoint your problem.

Sure can! And in the mean time, I had figured out how to get debugging
info out of gPXE (git tip), so I'm attaching that in case it's of any
use (there's some extra debug output in that log that I attached in case
something doesn't look familiar). I'll do the same with iPXE later on
tonight. Looks like we're failing to get the capacity of the iscsi
target, but as to why I have no idea. Any thoughts or ideas for more
debugging would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
jst