[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] SANBOOT failed Input/Output Error

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 09:19:47 UTC 2010

On Monday 25 Oct 2010 08:54:58 Johnny Stenback wrote:
> Sorry, I'm new to this list and thus not able to reply to the existing
> thread about this issue. I just ran into this issue as well, where I can
> confirm the gpxe attempts to connect to the iscsi target (as in, if I
> make the name incorrect it knows the target doesn't exist), but fails to
> do so with the error "Could not initialize iSCSI device: Input/output
> error (0x1d704039)".
>
> I'm using a Fedora 12 system as my iscsi server, running tgt-admin (from
> scsi-target-utils-1.0.1-2.fc12.x86_64) to set up my target (happens to
> be a file, not a real disk).
>
> I've seen this on a few different hardware setups, including a
> VirtualBox vm.
>
> Any updates on this issue? Any more information I can provide that could
> be of use?

Please try the latest version of iPXE (http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git).  This
error message has been replaced with a message that should give slightly more
information and may help to pinpoint your problem.

(Moving CC to ipxe-devel list, since Marty Connor censors any messages I send
to gpxe at etherboot.org.)

Thanks,