[ipxe-devel] [Etherboot-discuss] SRP timeout

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 10:39:26 UTC 2010

On Thursday 22 Jul 2010 05:19:55 M Lowe wrote:
> Even ideas on how I can debug this issue further would help. I don't
> mind putting in the leg work at all, but a lot of this code is over my
> head.

The problem is that the Arbel driver is missing support for RC queue pairs; I
thought I had added this at the same time as Hermon RC support but I was
wrong.

I have an Arbel card plugged in at the moment and have added RC support, but
I'm hitting a strange error.  Upon posting the first send WQE on the RC QP,
part of the QP context is immediately corrupted; QUERY_QPEE shows that the
value of snd_wqe_base_adr_l has changed from 0x3e781280 (correct) to
0xf3ee0040.  Nothing else has changed, and the QP is still in RTS state.  A
completion arrives on the CQ with wqe_adr set to 0x00000000.

Itay: any idea what might be causing this?  On a related note, do you have a
list of what the various vendor syndrome values in error completions mean?

Thanks,