[ipxe-devel] [gPXE-devel] [gPXE] Help with use-cached

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 00:42:46 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 08 Dec 2010 20:55:27 Rob Shelley wrote:
> I couldn't figure out how to specify v1.0.1 as the starting point.  But,
> by treating any snapshots that didn't build as bad, and taking a few
> extra steps, here are my results:

Sorry about the 1.0.1 confusion.  The problem there is that the 1.0.1 gPXE
release postdates the time that iPXE and gPXE development diverged.  You can
work around this using:

  git remote add legacy git://git.ipxe.org/mirror/gpxe.git
  git fetch legacy --tags

That will give you a v1.0.1 tag to use as a starting point for bisection.

> my make errors:
>
> drivers/infiniband/hermon.c: In function 'hermon_probe':
> drivers/infiniband/hermon.c:2609:14: error: array subscript is above
> array bounds
> make: *** [bin/hermon.o] Error 1

I'm puzzled by that.  What gcc version are you using?

Also, which git revision are you on when you get this exact error message?
(There have been changes to hermon.c, so line 2609 doesn't mean much without
knowing which revision we're talking about.)

> and that none of the images I was able to build showed version 1.0.1
> that this is only the commit that caused my build error, and not the
> commit for the bug we're looking for.
>
> Any further suggestions?

Since the Hermon driver is not going to be relevant to what you're testing
for, you can safely delete src/drivers/infiniband/hermon.c before attempting to
build.  That will allow you to try the bisection again, this time with the
v1.0.1 tag present and without worrying about build failures.