[ipxe-devel] Support for newer Solarflare NICs
mhabets at solarflare.com
Thu Dec 15 18:37:50 GMT 2016
We are starting to work on iPXE support for our newer Solarflare adapters, so we can deprecate gPXE
in time. Our approach would be to support the latest series initially, and add earlier hardware
The newer adapters would be supported using a new driver, and I have some general questions
1. Are there any specific coding standard to comply with? The current code uses the Linux kernel coding
style. Is that acceptable?
2. My current thinking is to put the new driver in a directory src/drivers/net/sfc. Would that be ok?
3. Some web pages like http://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers mention a legacy_api. I would like to
avoid using a legacy API, but do not know what it is. Can anybody explain it please?
4. Any other hints/tips/guidelines for a new driver?
5. Given the distinguished author of the etherfabric driver :) I am not keen to remove it. We think there
are still a few Falcon users out there, but have not had any PXE issues for years.
The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message. Unless you are an addressee (or authorized to receive for an addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly prohibited.
More information about the ipxe-devel