[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] Expose board-serial and board-product through SMBios (#21)

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Thu Jun 12 17:08:34 UTC 2014

On 12/06/14 17:50, Ben Hildred wrote:
> That is the beauty of the gethub.io <http://gethub.io> proposal, unlike
> a wiki where everyone edits the same document, you fork, make changes to
> the local copy and send a pull request so that the changes may be
> reviewed and accepted or rejected. This has the advantage that you can
> accept good work from people you do not trust.

This is a good idea in theory, but my experience is generally that it
takes me more time to edit the average submission than it would to write
the equivalent documentation myself.

>  and would help with
> things like all the penis enlargement adds I have been seeing in the rss
> feed.

Those should have stopped; a couple of weeks ago I restricted the wiki
permissions so that only real people can edit (i.e. you now have to
manually ask for edit rights).  Are you still seeing spam via the RSS feed?

>  The disadvantage is that it would abandon the really cool
> errornumber lookup auto generation.

And there's no way I'm abandoning that feature!  :)