[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] Expose board-serial and board-product through SMBios (#21)

Ben Hildred 42656e at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:50:34 UTC 2014

That is the beauty of the gethub.io proposal, unlike a wiki where everyone
edits the same document, you fork, make changes to the local copy and send
a pull request so that the changes may be reviewed and accepted or
rejected. This has the advantage that you can accept good work from people
you do not trust. and would help with things like all the penis enlargement
adds I have been seeing in the rss feed. The disadvantage is that it would
abandon the really cool errornumber lookup auto generation.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org> wrote:

> On 12/06/14 16:53, Dale Hamel wrote:
>
>> As a separate suggestion, perhaps moving the ipxe.org to github.io would
>> make it easier to PR against the documentation, so it's not just a few
>> people writing the docs?
>>

> I've generally found that collaboratively-written documentation tends to
> end up being wildly out of date and self-contradictory.  This is certainly
> what happened with the old Etherboot wiki.  A lot of effort has gone into
> ensuring that where the iPXE documentation exists, it can be relied upon to
> be definitively correct.
>

> Michael

Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services