[ipxe-devel] serial arrow keys broken

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Apr 22 13:50:20 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 14:30, Peter Pickford wrote:
> I see  double characters when using kvm serial with fifos enabled.
> Perhaps kvm serial emulation don't work too well with some options.

Interesting.  I tested KVM and don't get double characters.

> kvm serial seems distractingly slow in ipxe in polling mode-  type a
> char and wait sort of slow - reminds me of 300 baud Teletype or worse,
> but it works :)

Also not a problem I see here.  This may be dependent on the KVM version.

I have noticed that the BIOS console has been noticeably slower since
upgrading QEMU/KVM a couple of months ago.  I'm pretty sure this isn't
an iPXE-specific problem, since the BIOS's own startup banner also
prints with a noticeable teletype effect.