[ipxe-devel] sanboot http on (U)EFI

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Sun Apr 7 02:35:40 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
| On 06/04/13 01:28, James A. Peltier wrote:
| > In my continued effort to get (U)EFI fully supported on our network
| > I am having difficulties with sanboot.  I have the following in my
| > config
| >
| > :windows-efi
| > set base-url ${ufds-base-url}/discovery7
| > cpuid --ext 29&&  set arch x64 || set arch x86
| > sanboot ${base-url}/discovery7.iso || sleep 60
| > goto start
| >
| > and when I boot it says
| >
| > Could not open SAN device: Error 0x3f142003
| > (http://ipxe.org/err/3f142003)
| >
| > I'm not sure if this is a problem on my side or another iPXE
| > limitation on (U)EFI hardware.  If I place the fully qualified
| > location for ${base-url}/discovery7.iso it allows me to download
| > the image.  Any ideas?
|
| UEFI SAN boot support is not yet merged to the master branch.  I do
| have
| this mostly implemented, and should get a chance to finish it off
| within
| the next two weeks.
|
| Michael

Thanks Michael,

That's great to know and it will allow me to update our schedule with regards to UEFI support around campus.  You guys are doing a great job BTW!  Your product has allowed us to do some incredible things at our university. ;)

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw