[ipxe-devel] Regression with commit fc87adb46c1395b09302085e9d15fcd8ab3c31fe - [efi] Expose downloaded images via EFI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL on IMAGE_EFI

Joshua C. joshuacov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 08:52:28 UTC 2013

Commit fc87adb46c1395b09302085e9d15fcd8ab3c31fe ([efi] Expose downloaded
images via EFI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL) introduced a regression when
compiling ipxe with IMAGE_EFI support. In my case initialise(); finishes
fine but startup(); cannot finish and my mashine restarts all the time.
After reverting this commit (and all other commits that introduced changes
to those files) everything works fine again. I can circumvent this with
disabling the IMAGE_EFI support. Then everything works fine again.

Testing was done with 10ec8168.lkrn on a p67 chipset (ami bios with efi
support). Can someone take a look at this?

Joshua