[ipxe-devel] ifstat command not enumerating all nics

Matt Gambardella Matt.Gambardella at nebula.com
Fri Mar 2 07:01:39 UTC 2012

We are using the undionly.kpxe to boot out Dell C2100 servers with the Intel 82599 Dual Port 10GE Mezzanine Card.  The box is able to boot to an ipxe prompt and running an ifstat command only shows a mac address for one of the 2 NIC ports on the mezzanine card.  If we let the PXE boot process fall through to the second NIC port we see just thatNIC from ipxe.  Is there any way to get iPXE to enumerate both nics with an ifstat call.  We would like to collect this information for part of our configuration scripts and its unclear how to patch the command to support this behavior.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Matt