[ipxe-devel] HTTP timeouts

Pereira pereira at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Sep 4 22:42:36 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

we are currently chainloading the ipxe kernel (ipxe.lkrn) as the
undionly.kpxe did not load on the machines (they just rebooted everytime
we tried to chainload it...)

The kernel loads and we get the ipxe shell. After obtaining an IP we try
to load some files from our webserver.
The problem we are having, is that after exactly three http requests, we
get a timeout. After that every other http request is successful again.
This happens with other webservers too, we tried "module
http://boot.ipxe.org/demo/boot.php" and also there, after the third time
a timeout occurs...

This is a really strange behaviour,.. we enabled the serial console and
tried to debug it with the flags http, time and legacy, but the output
wasn't helpful.

There is also a warning: "using legacy NIC wrapper",  we are using a
Broadcom BCM57xx network adapter.

Any idea why this happens or debugging tips are very appreciated.

Thanks,