[ipxe-devel] REG: Query on 9K MTU Testing flow

MohamedShah R rmohamedshah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:45:25 UTC 2023

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. I am new to the PXE source code and tried
out the below changes  for the experimental testing in the netdev_close api
and it works fine.
Why can't we have a new api netdev_reopen() which does the same logic of
netdev_close (except the code below) and calls the netdev_open existing api
and calls the netdev_reopen api only from the "apply_netdev_settings".
Would it have any other side-effects? Please correct me if I am wrong.

*Commented out the below code in netdev_close api *
     num_configs = table_num_entries ( NET_DEVICE_CONFIGURATORS );
     for ( i = 0 ; i < num_configs ; i++ )
      intf_close ( &netdev->configs[i].job, -ECANCELED );

Regards
Mohamed Shah R