[ipxe-devel] src/util/get-pci-ids version.h, asm/linkage.h and generated/timeconst.h: No such file or directory

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue May 24 20:12:35 UTC 2022

On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 09:24:53AM +0100, Martin Habets wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 07:33:31PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The iPXE source tree has a script named src/util/get-pci-ids
> > that doesn't work for me.  I seek your advice to get it working.
> >

> > I have three errors.  The first error is that my Linux source tree
> > has no `include/linux/version.h`
>
> That file is generated when the kernel is built.
> From a quick glance your other issues are also due to this.

That reply got me futher. Meanwhile I have `make` a kernel.
Which got me generated files.

Still where changes to src/util/get-pci-ids needed.
Those changes will be shared with you in upcoming emails.
(first patch will reference the Message-Id of this email)

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse