[ipxe-devel] 486 with a Realtek 8139

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun May 16 09:00:30 UTC 2021

16.05.2021 0:56, Nikolai Zhubr:
[...]
> Not sure if I did something obviously stupid because documentation is
> pretty much non-existent.

I have to correct myself. The documentation does exist (online), however
for me as a user it is arranged in a very unexpected manner, and it
confuses to a surprisingly high degree. First, the material goes all
upside-down: command line goes before build options, architecture of
wimboot goes before build targets. One could suppose it does not matter
(as long as the links are within a single page anyway), but yes it does
matter quite a lot. Second, it is presented in way that somehow
discourages long sequential reading (by "long" I mean more than 3
lines), very much pushing the idea that as a user you only need to
comprehence "cd src; make" at most, which is not always good enough.

Thank you,

Regards,
Nikolai