[ipxe-devel] Connection is not working, virtualbox age

Geert Stappers geert.stappers at hendrikx-itc.nl
Sun Feb 21 22:32:11 UTC 2021

On 19-02-2021 21:16, Michael Brown wrote:
> On 19/02/2021 17:22, Klaus Falke wrote:
>> Hi,
>> why this is not working:
>> image
>> *What I can do to fix it?*
>
> First: please update your version of iPXE.  The version you are using is
> from 2013(!) or earlier since it predates commit
>
>   https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/commit/26b87b221

I think it is the output of printf statement
from line 287 that is missing. (As far as I could read the commit.)

Thing I like to known is how old the "VirtualBox" is.
The screenshot says "Oracle VM VirtualBox",
wikipedia says that Oracle did acquire Sun in Januari 2010.

So please do share with us
the origin of the iPXE version that is being used.

> Once you have updated, check to see if the error still occurs.  If there
> is still an error, then please read the documentation on that error. For
> example, your current screenshot directs you to the error page
>
>   https://ipxe.org/4c106035
>
> You will find plenty of troubleshooting hints on that page.

Feel free to ask for additional advice.

Groeten
Geert Stappers