[ipxe-devel] ipxe on hyperv windows 2019

Kamil Ondrus kondrus at inver.sk
Sun May 31 19:52:16 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm unable to boot ipxe.iso in hyperv windows 2019 environment.

I had no problem to use it in windows 2016, but current version is not
working.

I also tried different host hw, but it seems that problem is not lying here,
because it does not work on x3650M3/X5675 CPU (westmere) and also on
x3650m4/E5-2680v2 CPU (IvyBridge).

I can only confirm that ipxe boot works flawlesly in hypervV 2016.

For configuration & test I tried to use steps from here:

https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/01/19/how-to-setup-a-vm-via-pxe-boot-on-a
-generation-2-vm-hyper-v/

After boot, there's only only screen:

I tried to play with VM config (tune different options, like ram, cpu,
advanced features etc), but no success after all.

Kamil Ondruš