[ipxe-devel] UEFI PXE problems with amd systems

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:44:51 UTC 2020

On Tue, 12 May 2020 at 18:00, Thomas Walker <Thomas.Walker at twosigma.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 07:06:33PM -0400, Thomas Walker wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, that did get me dumps that I assume are the outgoing packets.  I
> don't know anything really about NII, but I kind of naively assumed the
> debug output (at least of the data block) would look something like the hex
> dump of tshark -x but they are nowhere near alike.
> > Any pointers as to how to compare this with what we see on the wire
> would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Ok, I've been unable to work out what is wrong with the NII driver on
> these systems, but I *have* been able to work out why the PCI device
> probing wasn't working correctly and causing iPXE to fall back to NII in
> the first place.  At least the 1G Broadcom (BCM5720) driver then works as
> expected and is able to pull images via http without issue.
>
> I'll cleanup and submit a patch.  Does ipxe have any sort of additional
> contributor agreement?  (As this was done on work time, I have to ask and
> go through the motions to get approval from my employer, etc).
>
> Thanks!

Great to hear that!
A patch was sent to the list a few hours ago in regards to PCI devices, is
it related?

Nothing really special, I assume that you have mostly modified existing
files, so they will be released under the license already there,
preferably you allow for UBDL License:
https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/blob/master/COPYING.UBDL

There is also https://ipxe.org/licensing
Other relevant page in regards to patches is http://ipxe.org/admin

If you want to be on the totally safe side, please see
https://www.fensystems.co.uk/contact.php

And to be clear, I'm just a community member so what is written here is to
be taken as nothing more than pointers.