[ipxe-devel] UEFI PXE problems with amd systems

Thomas Walker Thomas.Walker at twosigma.com
Fri May 1 18:19:33 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 01:46:02PM +0200, Christian Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
> Are you using ipxe.efi, snponly.efi or which build are you using?
> What does ifstat show you when you in the scenario where it doesn't work?
> Especially which driver is it using?
>
> If you are seeing snponly than that is the driver and part of stack in (this
> case) Dells firmware, the broadcom driver itself probably comes from broadcom.
> if this is the case you might want to try and use ipxe.efi to try and get it to
> use a ipxe driver instead, the bcm ones are a bit buggy, but the mellanox ones
> should not be.

We're using ipxe.efi.

iPXE> ifstat
net0: f4:02:70:bf:91:e4 using NII on NII-0x63e2fa20 (open)
  [Link:up, TX:4 TXE:0 RX:10 RXE:0]
net1: f4:02:70:bf:91:e5 using NII on NII-0x63debaa0 (closed)
  [Link:down, TX:0 TXE:0 RX:0 RXE:0]
  [Link status: Unknown (http://ipxe.org/1a086194)]

(I currently have the PCI-E slots associated with the Mellanox NIC disabled in BIOS as I don't have those ports mirrored, so these are the Broadcom only)